Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Environmental Science

Env. Science students are watching Erin Brokovich this week.  Based on a true story in the 1980's, the movie shows the struggle of common citizens being polluted by a big corporation and an attorney who comes to try and help them. 
**Students are following one of the main characters:  Ed Masry, Erin Brokovich, Donna Jensen.  Students are to write a one page, character transformation essay based on their chosen character.  Due 3/8.

EXTRA CREDIT: (+5).  Identify the two National Parks featured in the pictures below.  What is the issue with the guy and the buffalo?  Also, Identify the major event that happened in one of the parks, based on the photos of the charred trees.








ENJOY THE VIDEO CLIPS AT THE END!  YOU NEED TO VISIT THIS 1ST NATIONAL PARK!


1 comment:

  1. My family just started a recycling system in our house last week after learning about it in Mr. Tomey's environmental science class. I learned how important it is to do my part in keeping the environment safe and clean, and my family has begun "taking action". I have encouraged my family to stop "topping off" and to recycle as much as possible. We also have started talking about converting to organic foods. My family of five people CAN make a difference. -Grace Thurmond

    ReplyDelete